Our Dear Community,
Now, more than ever, we want to help ensure your health and wellbeing. The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is creating both physical and mental challenges throughout our state, our nation and our global community. We are all working together to ensure the safety of our families, friends and coworkers.
In keeping with our mission, please be assured that LifeWorks NW is doing everything possible to protect our consumers and staff, while ensuring that those most in need receive vital services. We plan to be here for you throughout the duration of this pandemic and are making rapid adjustment as we go.
- We are seeking alternative methods for providing services to consumers, rather than have them come into the clinic for routine care.
- We are ensuring that our crisis center is adequately staffed.
- We are urging our consumers and staff to avoid crowded areas, to use social distancing (by keeping six feet between each other), and to protect our elderly and at-risk neighbors by avoiding contact when we are ill.
- We are asking staff members who do not work directly with our most vulnerable consumers to work from home, while asking clinicians who are not in high-risk health categories to take on greater leadership and service roles.
- We are checking our most vulnerable residential consumers for fever and other signs of illness daily, and have implemented Oregon Health Authority’s long-term care guidelines.
- We have instituted strict disinfecting and screening protocols at all sites.
We are living in a world that is ever changing, and we promise to update you as new practices or options are made available. Please trust that all of our decisions are based on the guidance of the Center for Disease Control, the Oregon Health Authority and our physical health partners throughout the Tri-Counties. We are so grateful for our partnerships including the one we have with all of you.
Thank you for everything you are doing to stay safe and to keep our community well. Your efforts to stay healthy truly do matter, not only for your own well-being, but to that of our entire community.
Wellbeing for all,
CEO, LifeWorks NW
For more information, please go to: https://www.lifeworksnw.org/coronavirus-what-can-you-do/