What is Depression?
Depression is a common and serious mood disorder that negatively affects how you feel, think, and behave. Depression can happen at any age, due to a combination of biological, environmental, and psychological factors. Therefore, we support clients struggling with depression from childhood to well into adulthood.
An estimated 6.2 million adults in the United States, or 6.7 percent of American adults, struggle with depression today. Depression, even the most severe cases, can be treated. You are not alone. We can help you manage your symptoms in a healthy way.
Common symptoms of Depression
- Irritability over seemingly minor things
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Loss of interest in activities
- Fixation on the past or on things that have gone wrong
- Constant fatigue
- Change in appetite
- Difficulty concentrating or making decisions
- Muscle aches and pains
- Thoughts of death or suicide
Contact LifeWorks NW to learn more.