What is Marijuana Addiction?
Marijuana use can lead to an addiction. Recent data shows that 30% of those who use marijuana have developed marijuana use disorder, otherwise known as marijuana dependence. Marijuana addiction occurs when someone can not stop using the drug even after it negatively impacts their life.
Marijuana Addiction Support
It’s not uncommon to become addicted to marijuana and you are not alone. Dependence on marijuana can start in adolescence and carry well into adulthood. We have programs to help support you through your recovery.
Common symptoms of Marijuana Use
- Altered perceptions and mood
- Impaired coordination
- Difficulty with thinking and problem solving
- Disrupted learning and difficulty recollecting memories
- Change in appetite (weight loss or weight gain)
Physical Issues from Marijuana Use
- Daily cough and phlegm production
- Frequent acute chest illness
- Heightened risk of lung infections
- Damage to the immune system
- Kills brain cells and damages the central nervous system
- Fertility issues
- Increased heart rate and blood pressure
- Lack of motivation to engage in typically rewarding activities
Contact LifeWorks NW to learn more.